Monday, April 26, 2010

Unexpected Bicep Power!


I've never really worked out. Except for using water bottles as weights when do
ing pilates, I don't lift weights. Who knew I could drag 50 lbs of luggage with each arm? While going down stairs? I OBVIOUSLY did not.

Sept 3, 2009 Luggage Lifting Route (from the moment I got off the plane in London):
1. Gatwick Airport luggage carousel -->
2. Luggage trolle
y -->
3. South Terminal train station -->
4. Train platform (I really wanted to throw my bags down the stairs at this point) -->
5. Onto Brighton train, over the cusp (Bless that nic
e British man who help me! I looked pretty pathetic at that point though - jet-lagged, short Asian girl handling 2 4-ft tall bags) -->
6. Off Brighto
n train (Helped by same nice British man) -->
7. Taxi -->
8. Through the 4-ft wide door of hotel


Thank goodness I didn't have to carry my bags up the stairs to my room. The male attendant commented on how heavy each of my bag was, since he carried one up at a time. I'm not sure where I got all of that bicep power from, but it sure was unexpected. Must have been one of those adrenaline-filled car-lifting movements... That's right Wonder Woman, work it in your leotard.



Took these pictures of Brighton Pier and the Royal Pavilion the next day. I watched British cooking shows in bed the first night I arrived.



1 comment:

  1. You go to the coolest place EVER, and you watch british cooking shows at night? Can you cook british now? Can I eat it?
    : )

    ReplyDelete